What is an Essential Oil?
Essential oils are concentrated liquid extracts derived from plants. These extracts have the beneficial essence of those plants. Hence called essential oil. These concentrated elixirs contain essential amino acids that help maintain the health of your skin.
How is it Used?
Predominantly used in aromatherapy, essential oils are inhaled scent molecules in essential oils that go directly from the olfactory nerves to the brain and significantly impact the amygdala, the emotional center of the brain.
However, when applied to the skin after mixing it with a carrier oil, the active compounds in the essential oils get absorbed as your skin is somewhat permeable. The absorption of oil into the skin depends on heat and blood circulation. To enhance the absorption, it is advised to massage the skin where you need to apply the oil. Massage will not only generate heat but also improve blood circulation.
Since essential oils are concentrated elixirs, a patch test before using them on your face is always recommended.
Here are some potent essential oils that you can use on your skin -
1. Eucalyptus Essential Oils
Eucalyptus essential oil is produced from the leaves and stems of the eucalyptus tree. The oil obtained has many benefits. How eucalyptus is useful to our skin is what we are discussing below. Let’s read.
This oil helps promote the sensation of relaxation. The chemical components of Eucalyptus make it an ideal oil for clear breathing and render a soothing massage experience. Pure eucalyptus oil has purifying properties that are beneficial for the skin. Eucalyptus is effective in helping lessen stress. It can be combined with Jojoba oil to use as a skin revitalizer. Also, it can be inhaled from the palm to feel invigorated, spirited, and vitality.
- Promotes relaxation leading to a clear mind
- Clears stuffy nostrils for better breathing
- Moisturize the skin
- Help in healing the sunburn
- It has antibacterial properties that help in healing wounds
- It helps in removing dandruff
2. Peppermint Essential Oils
The peppermint leaves and the essential oil from the peppermint plant have been used for various health purposes. Pure peppermint oil plants contain their characteristic odor or flavor. For its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, peppermint oil is recommended to those suffering from psoriasis for relief.
- Peppermint essential oil soothes skin irritation and helps in reducing redness.
- The cooling effect of this oil helps in relieving joint pain.
- Due to its antimicrobial property, peppermint oil kills acne-causing bacteria.
- It balances the production of sebum in the skin and thus prevents clogged pores.
3. Lavender essential oils
Lavender has a unique taste and aroma. This pretty plant has been used for several medical treatments for a long time. Pure lavender oil is used for its lavish scent and healing effects. The oil is used to fight headaches, help in reducing stress, and even keep bugs at bay.
- Clears blemish-prone skin
- Visibly fades the fine lines and wrinkles
- Detoxifies Skin and keeps the skin healthy
- It can also be used as an antiseptic hence healing the pimple scab
4. Tea Tree essential oil
Tea tree oil is a popular remedy for many types of skin issues. It helps treat several conditions and provides numerous benefits for the skin. Pure Tea tree Essential oil is distilled from the leaves of the tea tree. The essential oil possesses antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.
- Promote wellness and fight skin conditions such as acne, chicken pox, cold sores, insects bites, and sunburns.
- The anti-inflammatory properties effectively help in wound healing.
- The antifungal property keeps any fungal infection like athlete’s foot in check.
- It soothes the skin and moisturizes it hence helping to get rid of Itching.
Got a Skin Condition?
Our skin is the most exposed layer and has to go through a lot, from weather conditions to environmental conditions. It also serves as the notice board for our body. Wondering how!
Several skin conditions are triggered due to some kind of deficiency of nutrition or imbalance of hormones. And to treat these conditions, we need to get things inside balanced, whether hormones or nutrition. However, several conditions are triggered by the external environment or by poor skincare routines. When it comes to skincare, people often get confused with the thousands of products available. But don’t worry. To get you out of the confusion, Royal Essence has brought to you a targeted natural skin care kit. It has all the important products you need to take targeted action against dullness, dryness, acne, etc. Pamper your skin with Royal Essence today!